Utah (or perhaps SLC) PUG

From: "Josh Tolley" <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Utah (or perhaps SLC) PUG
Date: 2007-12-05 19:12:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

I've been considering setting up a users group, and polling the locals
to gauge interest. Several have suggested the best way to start might
be to just set up a mailing list, publicize it a bit, and see who
joins up. If the powers that be are willing, I'd like to request such
a list.

The most common prediction is that a database-inspecific group is
probably the best place to start, because demand for something
specific to PostgreSQL (or other databases, with the possible
exceptions of Oracle and MySQL) is not expected to be very large. I'm
not sure that's an accurate expectation, though, given proximity to,
for instance, backcountry.com (I'm not associated with them and can't
speak for them, obviously, but it wouldn't surprise me to find
interested parties there). Anyway, would someone mind setting up a
list for the effort, or if there are other thing sI need to do, to
please let me know? Thanks to all.

- Josh / eggyknap