Re: Compile error: command not found

From: "Nathan Garlington" <garlinto(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-ports <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compile error: command not found
Date: 2008-05-02 17:16:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

well, after I unzipped and untarred the source,

I changed dir into the postgres-8.3.1 dir and executed:

$: ./configure

when complete, did

$: gmake

which took a while, and then did

$: gmake install

I did all of this as per the instructions in the pgsql manual for ver.
8.3.1. When the install completed, I was told the postgres was
successfully installed on my system

But if there is a problem with $PATH environment var, it looks like
there are some other instructions I can follow. I will try those in
the meantime.

--
Regards,
Nathan Garlington