MEETING: TODAY August 15, 2006 -- PostgreSQL Administration

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MEETING: TODAY August 15, 2006 -- PostgreSQL Administration
Date: 2006-08-15 19:16:02
Lists: pdxpug
(resending.. didn't turn up on the list this morning)

Hello!

Meeting Topic:  PostgreSQL Administration
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
7pm
Freegeek
1731 SE 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97212

Followed by beer at the Lucky Lab!

Discussion leader will be me!  I'll bring my laptop and you can bring
questions that we can dig into.  I will lead you through my
configuration and draw on some information from the administration
chapter in the Douglas' PostgreSQL book. If you've got any nagging
questions, bring your config, or your setup on a laptop and we can work
through it!

You may be thinking to yourself -- she's just doing this because she
couldn't find a speaker...  And you would be right.  :)

And a preview of content:  My server is Mac OS X, I use SSL for all
client connections and have used both Kerberos and PAM authentication.
I'll start with installation, move right on to database loading and
finish with backups.  No replication, sorry!

---

Next month we will have a talk on table partitioning!  Given by someone
other than me!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Information Systems Manager

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Rich ShepardDate: 2006-08-16 13:19:19