Re: Access97/odbcUnicode/pgsql : unable to map text field

From: "Ben Trewern" <ben(dot)trewern(at)_nospam_mowlem(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access97/odbcUnicode/pgsql : unable to map text field
Date: 2006-06-14 13:45:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc
When I know I'm going to use MS Access as a front end to a Postgresql
database I like to keep to the following guidelines:

- Use a serial number as my primary key on each table.
- Any text fields I need to search or index use varchar(<255)
- Turn "Row Versioning" and "Text as LongVarChar" on in the dataset options.
(I also use "Bools as Char" but I'm not sure if I need to).

Hope this helps.