PostgreSQL to host e-mail?

From: "Charles A(dot) Landemaine" <landemaine(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL to host e-mail?
Date: 2007-01-04 18:00:05
Lists: pgsql-performance
I'm building an e-mail service that has two requirements: It should
index messages on the fly to have lightening search results, and it
should be able to handle large amounts of space. The server is going
to be dedicated only for e-mail with 250GB of storage in Raid-5. I'd
like to know how PostgreSQL could handle such a large amount of data.
How much RAM would I need? I expect my users to have a 10GB quota per
e-mail account.
Thanks for your advice,

--
Charles A. Landemaine.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Charles A. LandemaineDate: 2007-01-04 18:04:35
Previous:From: Jeremy HaileDate: 2007-01-04 15:29:41
Subject: Re: Performance of PostgreSQL on Windows vs Linux