Re: BUG #2466: lock issues...

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2466: lock issues...
Date: 2006-06-05 10:16:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
""P.P.S. Narayan"" <ppsnarayan(at)lucent(dot)com> wrote

> However, there are a bunch of http requests that come in after the hanging
> request, which get deadlocked on the locks held by the hanging request. AS
> far as I have read, there is a lock_timeout parameter in postgresql config
> file to timeout after 1s. But none of the latter http requests timeout.

There is a deadlock_timeout parameter in the configure file, which is "the
time in milliseconds to wait on lock before checking for deadlock." If a
deadlock is resolved, you will see an error message like "deadlock detected"
with some details. Also, you can see current lock status via pg_locks view
to see "information about the locks held by open transactions within the
database server". More details can be found in the docs.

Regards,
Qingqing