Generally, the patch looks fine. There are few issues still:
- plpgsql: the result columns _do_ create local variables.
AIUI, they should not?
- pg_dump: is the psql_assert() introduction necessary, considering it
is used only in one place?
- There should be regression test for plpgsql too, that test if
the behaviour is correct.
- The documentation should mention behaviour difference from OUT
Wishlist (probably out of scope for this patch):
- plpgsql: a way to create record variable for result row. Something like:
CREATE FUNCTION foo(..) RETURNS TABLE (..) AS $$
Currently the OUT parameters are quite painful to use due to bad
name resolving logic. Such feature would be perfect replacement.
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Marko Kreen||Date: 2008-07-09 11:22:45|
|Subject: Re: Auto-explain patch|
|Previous:||From: Tino Wildenhain||Date: 2008-07-09 10:32:18|
|Subject: Re: Identifier case folding notes|
pgsql-patches by date
|Next:||From: Heikki Linnakangas||Date: 2008-07-09 11:54:08|
|Subject: Re: page macros cleanup (ver 04)|
|Previous:||From: Alvaro Herrera||Date: 2008-07-09 01:28:34|
|Subject: Re: [PATCHES] WITH RECURSIVE updated to CVS TIP|