Re: Intros, greetings, salutations, etc.

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Intros, greetings, salutations, etc.
Date: 2006-06-23 16:55:04
Lists: pdxpug
On Jun 23, 2006, at 1:25 AM, Ronald Chmara wrote:

> Hi, I'n Ron Chmara, ronabop, boppers, bop, etc. etc. etc..

Thanks for the introduction, Ron.  Huzzah for NE!

I encourage you all to introduce yourselves.  If you have any
suggestions for topics, please include that in your message!

Also, we need to establish a regular time and place for meeting.  Could
you all reply to me privately which days in the third week of the month
might work for you (M-F)?  If there's no rough consensus, I'll try a
different week.  The most likely place for a meeting is FreeGeek.

A little more about me:

I am really just a database user, more recently a DB admin and
certainly not a developer of PostgreSQL.  I made my first network
monitoring tool using MySQL in 1999, picked up a little SQL over the
next couple of years and took a class on databases in a half-hearted
attempt at grad school. PostgreSQL is one application among many that I
support for my job.  I met Josh Berkus last year at OSCON, and had an
interesting conversation with him about women in open source.  I've
been impressed by the thoughtfulness of the postgresql community and I
hope I can contribute a little to that.

For work, I am run a small IT department for a manufacturing company
(we use Macs :), and really enjoy riding my bike to work every day.

I know a couple people on this mailing list from Portland Perlmongers,
and tend to code in Perl.  Although lately, I've been dealing with
quite a bit of PHP, and dabbling in Ruby.

Welcome, everyone!

-selena