Re: postgresql and XML

From: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "samira khansha" <khonshas(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql and XML
Date: 2007-03-04 18:31:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 3/4/07, samira khansha <khonshas(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> hi
> i have a question about postgresql and XML.
> how can i show the result of a postgresql query in a XML document?
> does postgresql support XML?
> thanks a lot

Upcoming version (8.3) will provide several ways for relational-to-XML
mapping (SQL/XML publishing functions, XML export functions, etc).
Currently (<=8.2), all we have is contrib/xml2, which provides XPath
and XSLT functions for text/varchar values. So, if you want to act
now, you should consider implementation of relational-to-XML mappings
on application side (e.g., XML docs publishing could be implemented by
means of some templating engine).

--
Best regards,
Nikolay