GRANT SELECT on all the partitions?

From: Sergey Samokhin <prikrutil(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GRANT SELECT on all the partitions?
Date: 2009-09-26 15:52:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello.

Suppose that I have created a few dozens of partitions which all
inherit from a single master table. Is there a way to GRANT SELECT on
all these child tables by using a single SQL command? Having to issue
a few dozens of similar but different GRANTs makes me tremble.

Something like the followind pseudocode could be the solution:

GRANT SELECT ON TABLES INHERITED FROM master_table;

How do people manage their batch of partitions?

--
Sergey Samokhin

pgsql-novice by date