Re: Regd: TODO Item

From: "Ramya Chandrasekar" <csekar(dot)ramya(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regd: TODO Item
Date: 2008-06-26 15:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Regd: TODO Item: Optimizer:: Have EXPLAIN ANALYZE issue NOTICE messages when
the estimated and actual row counts differ by a specified percentage.

Hi,

 We are a team of two graduate students (volunteers) who plan to work on the
above problem from the TODO list of the Optimizer. Being new to Postgres, we
plan on following the instructions from the developers FAQ to perform the
necessary changes.

Kindly let us know if you have any other suggestions that we need to keep in
mind?

Also, can anyone give a suggested value of the "Specified Percentage" in the
problem statement of the TO DO list?

We look forward on gathering any essential information form this group.

Thank you,

Ramya