Re: Slony and local machine slave..(supernewbie question)

From: Phoenix Kiula <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Slony and local machine slave..(supernewbie question)
Date: 2009-07-30 13:36:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Scott Mead<scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

...snip...

>   It may make more sense to setup a dedicated PITR slave in your office, and
> refresh it every now and then.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/continuous-archiving.html

Thanks. This was useful. So much for my brainwave.

I certainly don't wish to lose the ALTER TABLE option if I go for
Slony method. Am I right to understand that the PITR setup is separate
from the whole Slony shebang, and that PITR stuff can be setup all
with just the main install of PG itself?

Thanks.