Re: How do handle concurrent DML operations

From: kenchen077(at)yahoo(dot)com (kenchen077)
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do handle concurrent DML operations
Date: 2004-04-21 16:35:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

if user1 set Resultset rs to ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE and using
refreshRow() in rs. The rs might show the updated record within this
rs updated by user2.

The pessimistic locking seems a good method. How can I do it by
programming or set up something in DBMS ? Could you please advise me?
I need to set up row lock to prevent 2 users update same record
concurrently. If I use synchronized method it may cause deadlock.

Thanks