Setting shmmax in /etc/rc on Mac OS X to install Postgres

From: Doug Graham <duggram(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Doug Graham <duggram(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Setting shmmax in /etc/rc on Mac OS X to install Postgres
Date: 2009-07-03 13:47:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Would you please take a look at my problem thoroughly explained in this post
on the Macrumors forum? Any ideas on how to deal with this lack of memory
problem?

I posted messages to numerous forums, to Mac and Postres support. BTW I've
been working on this problem, off and on, for 3 months now.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you, Doug