Will Postgres ever lock with read only queries?

From: Robert James <srobertjames(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Will Postgres ever lock with read only queries?
Date: 2009-07-28 00:54:05
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi.  I'm seeing some weird behavior in Postgres.  I'm running read only
queries (SELECT that is - no UPDATE or DELETE or INSERT is happening at
all).  I can run one rather complicated query and the results come back...
eventually.  Likewise with another.  But, when I run both queries at the
same time, Postgres seems to ground to a halt.  Neither one completes.  In
fact, pgAdmin locks up - I need to cancel them using psql.
I'd expect this from MySQL but not Postgres.  Am I doing something wrong? Or
missing something?

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Mark MielkeDate: 2009-07-28 01:02:08