Re: window function v03 against HEAD

From: "Hitoshi Harada" <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: window function v03 against HEAD
Date: 2008-08-20 14:43:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2008/8/1 David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:00:15PM +0900, Hitoshi Harada wrote:
>> 2008/7/31 David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>:
>> >
>> > Sorry about that. Apparently, at least the way things are set up,
>> > there's a *lot* of history you can rewind. Further changes should
>> > move pretty quickly :)
>>
>> Thankfully, I succeeded to learn about git and started to use it on
>> my local. Then I read through the -hackers list about it but some
>> points are still not clear.
>
> I guess we'll all learn at once :)
>
>> - Am I eligible to push
>> git.postgresql.org/git/~davidfetter/window_functions?
>
> You will be as soon as I can arrange it. I may move or re-create that
> repository. Please send me a username and an RSA public key so I can
> give you git-shell access.

I've pushed my work into David's git hosting.
http://git.postgresql.org/?p=~davidfetter/window_functions/.git;a=summary

The DISTNCT fix which overlaps much of my patch were merged. And some
bugs were fixed while adding regression test for window functions.
Documantation is still out of order, because some points are
uncertain, including window function design. Up to now, I started to
think about new pg catalog for them (e.g. pg_wfunc).

If anyone is interested this patch please clone source tree from
git.postgresql.org and send me patch along with comments.

Regards,

--
Hitoshi Harada

Attachment Content-Type Size
window_functions.patch.tgz application/x-gzip 32.8 KB