Problem

From: stepien50(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl (Lukasz)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem
Date: 2004-04-06 15:06:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello

I have installed PostgreSQL on Red Hat 9 . I have a problem: I have
added new user of the database system , the name of this user is :
"jan" . I have given him
the permission for creating new databases and for adding new users,
but when I
wrote:

psql -U jan template1

then I have got message:

psql : FATAL : IDENT authentication failed for user "jan" .

What is wrong ? What should I do with it ?

Lukasz Stepien