Re: schema rename sequence issue

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: schema rename sequence issue
Date: 2006-01-31 13:51:06
Lists: pgsql-general

OK. This is working in my test environment.
I changed the schema name
I changed the binary and text description in the attrdef table.
I subtract 1 from the number both before the [ and after the ] because
my new schema has 1 letter less then the old schema.

It seems to be working.

Can anybody think of a possible problem with this?

Note: I am not planning on doing this more then once. If it will not
break anything this time, I don't care that it may not work in the future.

Code used
--changes schema name from public to stock
update pg_attrdef set
adsrc=replace(adsrc,'public.','stock.'),adbin=replace(adbin,'112 117 98
108 105 99 46','115 116 111 99 107 46');

--function to change the number of characters in the binary string
create or replace function fixattrs(text) returns text as
$$
import string
y=args[0]
x=y.split()
x[30]=`int(x[30])-1`
x[32]=`int(x[32])-1`
return string.joinfields(x," ")
$$
language 'plpythonu';

--update the binary string with the new numbers.
update pg_attrdef set adbin=fixattrs(adbin) where adsrc like 'nextval%'

Thanks
Sim