Re: psql & readline & win32

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql & readline & win32
Date: 2006-01-02 22:53:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

""Magnus Hagander"" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> wrote

> Well, we should *at least* provide it from the source build. Since it
> does work (with a small kludge, but it does work).
> Me, I'm not fully happy with psql on win32. I want my tab completion!
> (which the gui tools don't do either, from what I can tell. At least
> pgadmin doesn't. Yet.)

Yeah, I am not against doing so and having more features is always cool! But
I just suspect if we can afford the cost. Actually I tried a little bit on
the "thrysoee" version you mentioned:

$ ./config.guess
i686-pc-mingw32
$./configure
configure: error: libtermcap, libcurses or libncurses are required!

This may give us a hint that port is not very easy though.

Regards,
Qingqing