Re: Access violation C5 error on Visual FoxPro SQLEXEC() call after error

From: "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access violation C5 error on Visual FoxPro SQLEXEC() call after error
Date: 2005-12-14 10:13:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> Dave I propose to rollback your patch for the first Andrus's problem
> as it breaks ODBC specification (if I understand this well):
> | After SQLExecute or SQLExecDirect returns SQL_NEED_DATA and before
> | data has been sent for all data-at-execution parameters,
> | an application can call SQLCancel to cancel the statement execution.
> | After the statement has been canceled, the application can call
> | SQLExecute or SQLExecDirect again.
>
> I think bind parameters can't be destroyed in SQLCancel.
>
> I attach patch which may solve Andrus's problem and change a little
> Dave's patch. I see application may call FreeStmt(SQL_CLOSE) and
> FreeStmt(SQL_RESET_PARAMS). But VFP doesn't call it.

Ludek, thank you.

It's very sad that Visual FoxPro cannot be used with Postgres ODBC driver
release versions.

I havent seen this problem with MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft SQL ODBC
drivers.
So it seems that those drivers do not follow ODBC driver specifications?
As you wrote it may be possible to study MySQL ODBC driver source code.

Andrus.