Re: Application crash after error - please help

From: "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application crash after error - please help
Date: 2005-12-02 16:51:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ludek,

> Main.exe doesn't use auth info prom sqltest.prg.

I'm sorry. Modified repro code is available in same address
(www.eetasoft.ee/postgresrepro.zip)
This repro contains text type column. Fox mysql it should probably be
replaced also. My co-worker tries to run it in mysql in weekend.

> I don't know if the problem is in ODBC driver. But to fix this problem
> imidiately in your app it's enough
> if you add Calling SQLFreeStmt with SQL_DROP in the code when insert
> fail.

Thank you. This would be a good fix. Unfortunately it it difficult to
implement in VFP.

I don't use ODBC direct calls in my code. In repro code I issue APPEND FROM

APPEND FROM DBF('testk')

This causes VFP to generate ODBC calls automatically. I do'nt know is it
possible to add ODBC SQLFreeStmt direct call after high-level VFP APPEND
FROM command.

More generally: I create form, bind it to Postgres server data. Users edit
this form.
During editing process VFP generates ODBC calls automatically. Trying to
insert duplicate primary by end user or some other odbc error causes my appl
crash shortly after that. My code is not involved in this process.

Theoretically, I can determine odbc handle used by VFP and make direct ODBC
dll calls from my application. I can add my code to editing events to fix
something.
However, I do'nt know the places where to add SQLFreeStmt calls and i'm not
sure how to add such fixes in all situations which may occur during editing
process.

Andrus.