Re: storage sync failed on magnetic disk: Permission denied

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: storage sync failed on magnetic disk: Permission denied
Date: 2005-11-12 20:34:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Valery Bondarenko" <to_undead(at)mail(dot)ru> wrote:
> Situation first occurs on _CLEAN_ Win2k server with 8.0.0 Installed by his
> installer (woops :) ).
> And it continues to...
> Also I got it in a realy "dirty" environment with 8.1.
>
> But in both cases there were no antiviruses and (AFAIK) no product which
> could do such locking.

We have a loop in pgunlink/pgrename for Win32 since it is possible that some
other processes hold the opened file (without the required flags) when we
want to drop/rename it. Here seems comes the similar situation, but not sure
the exact reason that leads to it though ... The situtation has been there
for a while, check out this thread and see if you can catch the killer (the
analysis part is bogus according to Tom):

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-08/msg00129.php

Regards,
Qingqing