8.1beta3 performance

From: "PostgreSQL" <martin(at)portant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.1beta3 performance
Date: 2005-10-31 23:16:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

We're running 8.1beta3 on one server and are having ridiculous performance
issues. This is a 2 cpu Opteron box and both processors are staying at 98
or 99% utilization processing not-that-complex queries. Prior to the
upgrade, our I/O wait time was about 60% and cpu utilization rarely got very
high, now I/O wait time is at or near zero.

I'm planning to go back to 8.0 tonight or tomorrow night but thought I'd
check the pqsql-performance prophets before I gave it up.