cached plans in plpgsql

From: Kuba Ouhrabka <kuba(at)comgate(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cached plans in plpgsql
Date: 2005-10-20 14:07:22
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi,

is there an easy way to flush all cached query plans in pl/pgsql
functions? I've long running sessions where data are changing and the
plans become inaccurate after a while. I can imagine something like
recreating all pl/pgsql functions. I can recreate them from sql source
files but I'd prefer recreating them inside the database without
accessing files outside. I can think only of one way - reconstructing
function source code from pg_proc and EXECUTEing it. But it's not the
cleanest solution (there isn't saved the actual source code anywhere so
there could be problems with quoting etc.). Can you see any other
possibility? How do you solve this problem? [And yes, I don't want to
re-connect...]

Thanks,

Kuba

pgsql-performance by date