New laptop install - pgadmin not remembering password and not showing jobs tree menu

From: "Collin Peters" <cadiolis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New laptop install - pgadmin not remembering password and not showing jobs tree menu
Date: 2006-03-27 21:39:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,

I just completely re-installed my laptop with Windows XP. After I
re-installed my laptop pgadmin still seems to be operating
incorrectly. I posted a thread awhile back
(http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-support/2005-12/msg00003.php)
with an issue that pgadmin 1.4 wasn't remembing the password on my
computer. A few people posted similar issues and I (personally) never
got it resolved. I was hoping this laptop re-install would clear up
any problems.

Alas I still suffer from the same problem and as it is a fresh new
install of XP I really don't understand how this can be. Is it
possible that some existing software I have is wrecking something?
Also, pgadmin is not showing me the 'jobs' tree item after I installed
pgagent. So I use the exact same setup on another desktop computer
and it both remembers passwords and shows me the jobs tree.

-Windows XP SP2
-pgadmin 1.4.2
-Postgresql 8.1 (running on a debian linux box, connecting through ssh tunnel)
-%APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf contents http://mcrt.ca/~cpeters/pgpass.jpg
-Only libpq.dll on computer in "C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.4" with
file version 8.1.3.6044

I am more concerned about the jobs tree menu item not showing up than
the password but would like to get both fixed.

Regards,
Collin