Bug in SQLConnect, psqlodbc 08.00.00.04

To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in SQLConnect, psqlodbc 08.00.00.04
Date: 2005-08-22 08:23:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,
is there a list of open bugs for psqlodbc so I don't post unneccessary
bug reports? I couldn't find one at http://www.postgresql.org/support/

Bug description: psqlodbc 08.00.00.04, psql 8.0.1, Windows XP SP2

After the first connection attempt with SQLConnect fails, for example
due to a bad password (State 28000), any further attempts to connect
with the same handle always return 'Cannot connect to server', state
08001, even if user name and password are correct. psqlodbc_ log attached.

To be able to connect to the server again I have to SQLFree the handle
and SQLAlloc a new handle.

Hajo

Sequence for reproducing the error:

1. allocate handle
2. SQLConnect with invalid username/password
--> returns error State 28000, Authorization failed
3. SQLConnect with valid username/password
--> returns error State 08001, Cannot connect to server

This is the bug. A second attempt with the same handle and valid
credentials should be able to connect to the server.

Workaround

1. allocate handle
2. SQLConnect with invalid username/password
--> returns error State 28000
3. SQLFreeHandle
4. allocate new handle SQLAllocHandle
5. SQLConnect with valid username/password
--> success

Lit Window Library - Speed up GUI coding 10x
http://www.litwindow.com/library?src=ml

wxVisualSetup - integrate wxWidgets into Visual Studio .NET
http://www.litwindow.com/Products/products.html?src=ml

BugLister - Defect Tracker
http://www.litwindow.com/buglister?src=ml

Tips & Tricks for wxWidgets & MS Visual Studio
http://www.litwindow.com/Knowhow/knowhow.html?src=ml

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc_7752.log text/plain 2.5 KB