Bug in SQLConnect, psqlodbc

To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in SQLConnect, psqlodbc
Date: 2005-08-22 08:23:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi all,
is there a list of open bugs for psqlodbc so I don't post unneccessary
bug reports? I couldn't find one at

Bug description: psqlodbc, psql 8.0.1, Windows XP SP2

After the first connection attempt with SQLConnect fails, for example
due to a bad password (State 28000), any further attempts to connect
with the same handle always return 'Cannot connect to server', state
08001, even if user name and password are correct. psqlodbc_ log attached.

To be able to connect to the server again I have to SQLFree the handle
and SQLAlloc a new handle.

Sequence for reproducing the error:

1. allocate handle
2. SQLConnect with invalid username/password
	--> returns error State 28000, Authorization failed
3. SQLConnect with valid username/password
	--> returns error State 08001, Cannot connect to server

This is the bug. A second attempt with the same handle and valid
credentials should be able to connect to the server.

1. allocate handle
2. SQLConnect with invalid username/password
	--> returns error State 28000
3. SQLFreeHandle
4. allocate new handle SQLAllocHandle
5. SQLConnect with valid username/password
	--> success

Lit Window Library - Speed up GUI coding 10x

wxVisualSetup - integrate wxWidgets into Visual Studio .NET

BugLister - Defect Tracker

Tips & Tricks for wxWidgets & MS Visual Studio

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Timothy ReedDate: 2005-08-22 11:12:35