Re: setObject(i,null) and general "setNull" problems

From: Valentin Rodionov <valiar(at)scripps(dot)edu>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setObject(i,null) and general "setNull" problems
Date: 2005-02-22 00:49:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

>> I have tried using getParameterMetaData, but that method is not yet
>> implemented in PGSQL driver.
>
> Update to build 310.

Thanks for a very quick reply!
I have not realized so much major reworking could have been done on the
driver in the 2 months since I have downloaded my old version... I am
very impressed.
So is the getParameterMetaData method fully implemented now?
Right now I have implemented my NULL setting method using
setNull(index, Types.OTHER),
and it seems to work with the "310" build fine.
Will there be any advantage over what I have done if I rewrite my
method using getParamaterMetaData
and type my NULLs  correctly (the only thing I am doing in my app is
very simple selects,
updates and inserts)?
Thanks a lot!