Duplicate primary keys

From: "Jason Tan Boon Teck" <tanboonteck(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Duplicate primary keys
Date: 2008-01-18 02:33:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

I was performing a reindex yesterday when it failed stating a duplicate
primary key violation. I looked into the database and found 3 tables with
duplicate rows.

How reliable is PostgreSQL in *preventing* rows duplicate primary keys to be
inserted? I am not using any table inheritance and the db is ver 8.1.1 from
Debian Etch. The db is used by a PHP app.

TIA.

--
Jason Tan Boon Teck