Re: Vacuum Problems

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Rafael Domiciano" <rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, "Rafael Martinez" <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Problems
Date: 2008-12-08 16:17:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Rafael Domiciano
<rafael(dot)domiciano(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> How I do to see my I/O subsystem? vmstat? If so, follow:

No, I mean, how many drives do you have, what kind of RAID controller,
if any, how they're configured, and so on. :) Sorry wasn't really
clear there was I?

The vmstat numbers are horrible by the way, assuming they're in 1k
blocks, you're reading and writing at < 1 Meg a second. It almost
looks like a degraded RAID-5 array.