Re: Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tomasz Ostrowski" <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime
Date: 2008-08-26 14:47:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On 8/26/08, Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl> wrote:
>>
>> I think nobody would guide you step by step. Either read documentation
>> and do it yourself or hire an expert:
>

> Thanks. I suppose that spirit is quite evident in the documentation.
> Why make it easy or easily understandable when you can win fanatical
> fans by requiring them to invest months of their time!

Christ, remind to do you no favors. I'm sure if I had written a step
by step guide and one part of it didn't work you'd be right back here
threatening to sue me or something.

Look, it's a comlex subject, and you need to have a pretty good clue
what you're doing so if something goes wrong you're not making a big
mistake and losing all your data. And you can stop with the
histrionics. It took me less than one weekend to install and test
slony for migration / backup at work.

Remember, for every problem, there is a simple, elegant, easy
solution. Which is wrong.