statement timeout and pg_dump

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql General list" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: statement timeout and pg_dump
Date: 2008-07-14 18:14:26
Lists: pgsql-general

I just got hoisted by my own petard when a pg_dump failed due to
statement timeout and I didn't notice because I was running the dump
nohup and didn't read the nohup.out file to see the errors. It wasn't
a big deal, the data wasn't critical operational data or anything.

But it got me to thinking that maybe pg_dump should disable
statement_timeout when it runs.

Any opinions on this?