Re: Urgent :: PostgreSQL on Vista Home Premium

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kranti K K Parisa™ <kranti(dot)parisa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Urgent :: PostgreSQL on Vista Home Premium
Date: 2008-05-01 15:33:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Kranti K K Parisa™
<kranti(dot)parisa(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am trying to install PostgreSQL on Vista Home Premium. Its giving me
> error.
>
> Can we install PostgreSQL on Vista Home Premium???

WARNING, you are about to receive advice on Windows Vista from a Unix
system administrator... :)

Every time I see someone mentioning installing on windows vista, they
have to disable UAC first to get it to install. Try that. If that
doesn't work, please post the exact error message / circumstances and
we'll see what we can do...