Parameter name standby_mode

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Parameter name standby_mode
Date: 2010-02-10 10:56:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
We want to teach people that Hot Standby and Streaming Replication are
two different features. However, Streaming Replication calls its main
parameter "standby_mode" which reminds more of Hot Standby than of
Streaming Replication.

People could also run a warm standby without streaming replication,
which would result in a standby that has standby_mode = 'off'.

I found the parameter name confusing and I'd vote for changing its name.