Patch for information_schema performance

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: xi(at)gamma(dot)dn(dot)ua
Subject: Patch for information_schema performance
Date: 2009-09-24 22:55:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

the attached patch addresses the performance issues of the
authorization related views from information_schema (BUG #4596). It
implements what Tom suggests in

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-12/msg00144.php

In the cases that I have tested both the new and the old view return
the same data but I'd appreciate more tests. The patch currently does
not remove the original views but renames them from xyz to old_xyz, so
you can run your own tests of the new view definition vs. the old one.

I also include a psql file that might help you testing.

Regards,
Joachim

Next:From: Herodotos HerodotouDate: 2009-09-24 23:49:35