MS Access 2000 w/ PGSQL 8.0.x

From: Timothy Reed <tareed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access 2000 w/ PGSQL 8.0.x
Date: 2005-08-19 22:13:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I am having some issues when trying to query for booleans from Access
to Postgres 8.0.x.   If I change to use Bools as Chars then I am
unable to delete from a table with a boolean in it, as postgres cannot
convert from boolean to char.  If I do not use bools as chars then I
get  "cache lookup failed for function 0"

I have followed what the tech docs have recommended to do with adding
the new msaccessbool function and = operator
(http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2/Guides/Using%20Microsoft%20Access%20with%20PostgreSQL/view#55)

But to no avail!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ODBC Driver settings:
Disable Genetic Optimizer: YES
KSQO: YES
Recognize Unique Indexes: YES
Declare/Fetch : NO
Parse Statements: NO
Cancel As FreeStmt: NO
Unknown Sizes: Max
Text as LongVarChar: YES
Unknows as LongVarChar: NO
Bools as Char : NO
Read Only: NO
Show System Tables: NO
LF <-> CR/LF: YES
Updatable Cursors: NO
bytea as LO: NO
Row Versioning: NO
Disallow Premature: NO
True as -1: YES
Server side prepare: NO

Table Stucture:
Column 		Type
Employee ID 	integer
First Name 	text
Last Name 	text
Clocker 	boolean
Labor Type ID 	bigint
PC Handle 	text
On Payroll 	boolean
Address 1 	text
Address 2 	text
City 		text
State 		text
Zip Code 	text
Hire Date 	timestamp without time zone
Pay Type 	text
Status 		text
Pay Rate Old 	money
Social Security 	text
Phone Number 	text
Shift Start 	text
Shift End 	text
Sign Off 	boolean
Hire Date Temp 	timestamp without time zone
Stop Date Temp 	timestamp without time zone
Stop Date 	timestamp without time zone
Rehire Date 	timestamp without time zone
Continuous Date 	timestamp without time zone
Direct Labor 	boolean
Agency 		boolean
Active 		boolean
Agency2 	boolean
Payroll ID 	bigint
EMail 		text
ADP Employee ID 	integer

SQL STATEMENT:

SELECT "public"."Employees"."Employee ID" FROM "public"."Employees"
WHERE NOT ("Active" = 0)  ORDER BY "public"."Employees"."Last Name"
,"public"."Employees"."First Name";

RESULT:
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 0

TIA,

--
--------
Timothy Reed

tareed(at)gmail(dot)com

"I reject your reality, and substitue my own" - Adam Savage

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-08-20 08:35:38