How to update an entire table by getting the values from another table?

From: A B <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to update an entire table by getting the values from another table?
Date: 2009-08-31 11:43:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi. I need to run an update query on a table, and need some help on
how to do it.

I have a table A(id integer primary key, prod_id integer, Y1 integer,
Y2 integer, ... Y14 integer) and a table B (a integer references A, x
integer,unique(a) );

and now I should set (for each row in A) prod_id to have the value
that is found in table B

How do I write a statement that does that?