Re: encoding problem when creating a database

From: "A B" <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: encoding problem when creating a database
Date: 2008-07-02 14:11:35
Lists: pgsql-novice
> You have created the db-cluster with sv_SE.iso88591. Because of this,
> you can't now create a db with an incompatible locale.

Oh, so i need to run something like
initdb -E UTF8  --pgdata XXX
to create a new db-cluster?
What about the --locale option? Something I need to do with that?

What should let XXX be? I have all the stuff in /var/lib/pgsql/ and
I'd like to put it all there.

Do I have to do something after createing a new db-cluster or can I
start createing databases as ususal?