Re: "could not stat file "base/17436/119145": Permission denied" when performing pg_database_size() on windows with 8.4.0

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, jd <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "could not stat file "base/17436/119145": Permission denied" when performing pg_database_size() on windows with 8.4.0
Date: 2010-01-31 17:16:13
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi Magnus,

Good to hear from you. You'll recall that I sat at your table the
evening of pgday.eu '09.

> Please note that it is quite often not enough to just add the
> exclusion - you may need to uninstall it.
>
> That said, starting with an exclusion is a good thing. Which is not
> pg-specific at all - I un-fondly recall two instances of antirivus
> deciding it knows how to clean a virus out of a SQL Server database
> file.. Yeah, fun was ensured...

Yes, but a worm propagating itself around the world with a database
server as its vector is an MS SQL server specific issue.   :-)

Everything seems fine now. I guess I'll just wait and see if I
experience any more problems.

Regards,
Peter Geoghegan