Re: IEPUG letterhead version 2

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Garrett Heaver <g(at)techgest(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, iepug(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alex Markelov <alex(dot)markelov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: IEPUG letterhead version 2
Date: 2009-12-04 23:25:00
Lists: iepug
> Well I didn't want to be the northerner who brought it up but...I think you
> have a point alright.

If only this had occurred to me *before* Ray proceeded to do the logo,
but *after* he told us exactly what he was going to do. :-)

Alex Markelov adds by mail (a mail which I think was inadvertently
only sent to me):

> I agree about the colors. Maybe just put a small flag square in the bottom right conner of the Elephant logo?

> How about Harp instead of the flag? As far as I remember in the times before the Republic Harp was used universally to identify the
> whole of the island of Ireland. Am I wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Alex.

Yeah, that's true. I guess a harp is acceptable, or just making Slonik
green per Garrett's suggestion, or both. Personally, I lean towards
just making Slonik green. Another option is to somehow incorporate an
image of Ireland itself.

Incidentally Alex, do you want to meet up some time?

Regards,
Peter Geoghegan