PostgreSQL ODBC connection from Crystal reports in windows, currency domain

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL ODBC connection from Crystal reports in windows, currency domain
Date: 2009-03-09 15:07:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I'm attempting to get Crystal reports working with PostgreSQL with an
ODBC connection, via psqlODBC. I can successfully establish the
connection easily. However, I have a domain called "currency", that
handles currency values:

CREATE DOMAIN currency
  AS numeric(10,2);
ALTER DOMAIN currency OWNER TO manager;

fields of currency appear as "strings" in Crystal reports, and they
lack fixed precision ( the value 1.00 appears as 1, for example). Why
might this be? How can I get it to appear as a numeric type, which I
can find the sum of, etc?

Thanks,
Peter Geoghegan

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Jan-Peter.SeifertDate: 2009-03-09 16:06:27