Re: [GENERAL] different results for large objects

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] different results for large objects
Date: 2009-03-17 13:27:35
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Yes, the problem is with PGAdmin and ODBC connection to MS access.
The function (given is first mail) is giving same results i.e. only IDs not
the actual data from PGAdmin and ODBC.
But for following query PGAdmin gives again only IDs, but MS Access through
ODBC gives the actual binary data.

select docimages.* from docimages where docimages.accobjecttype=9 ORDER BY
docimages.docimagename;

So I think ODBc is making some magic here for showing large object data. If
this is correct how can I retrieve the actual binary data from a
function/single statement as above?

Thanks,
CPK