Duplicate Unique Key constraint error

From: "Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet(dot)dhaliwal01(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgres General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Duplicate Unique Key constraint error
Date: 2007-07-10 05:14:08
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I keep getting this duplicate unique key constraint error for my primary key
even
though I'm not inserting anything duplicate. It even inserts the records
properly
but my console throws this error that I'm sure of what it is all about.

Corruption of my Primary Key can be one of the possibilities but I'm really
not sure how
to get rid of this corruption and how to re-index the primary key.

Also, I was wondering what could be the cause of this PK corruption, if
possible and what does can this corruption lead to.
I mean what are its cons.

Thanks,
~Harpreet