Re: error: unterminated dollar-quoted string with 8.2-505.jdbc3.jar?

From: "B(dot) Jordan" <bujordan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error: unterminated dollar-quoted string with 8.2-505.jdbc3.jar?
Date: 2007-05-07 14:53:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris,

Thanks for the quick reply- I meant to include in my original email
that I tried it via the following mechanisms:
- maven's sql executor plugin
- eclipse quantumDb plugin

and yes I did verify that they are using the correct version of the
driver (since Maven is notorious for causing confusion with
dependencies).

Turns out, both of the above tools parse statements based on
semi-colons (for purposes of "autocommit"- to run each statement
individually), which won't work for stored procedures/functions.

I wrote a little driver program to test it out by sending in the
entire text of my script file in as one statement, and it worked fine
with both the 8.2-505 and 8.2-504 drivers.

Sorry for the bother, but I figured I'd post my findings just in case
anyone else runs into a similar issue.

Thanks,

Bucky