Re: Pet Peeves?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-02-03 22:36:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>
>> - Managing jobs (e.g. - "pgcron")
>
> A number of people have mentioned a job scheduler. I think a job scheduler
> entirely inside Postgres would be a terrible idea.

I think it's a terrible idea to put words in my mouth.

I didn't propose including a job scheduler inside every Postgres
instance, and find it disappointing that that is what is assumed,
particularly when none of the other usage cases implied any such
thing.
Gilda Radner - "Adopted kids are such a pain - you have to teach them
how to look like you."