Re: Supported platforms list

From: "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Supported platforms list
Date: 2008-01-30 15:47:07
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Jan 30, 2008 11:19 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 11:15 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> > The supported platforms list in the installation instructions is completely
> > un-updated for 8.3. Is this list still useful? What shall we do with it?
>
> I think it's important to keep in the docs so people know what we've
> tested against. Perhaps refresh it from the green buildfarm members?

I think it would be an excellent idea for that section to have a URL
pointing to the buildfarm web site, and commenting that platform
combinations that are regularly exercised using the buildfarm are the
ones best-supported by PostgreSQL.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results." -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling