How to save existing permissions on schema and later on restore it?

From: dipti shah <shahdipti1980(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to save existing permissions on schema and later on restore it?
Date: 2010-03-09 06:26:56
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-novice
Hi,

Could anyone please suggest me how to save the existing permissions on
schema and later on restore it? Basically, by default I have revoked all the
permissions from the mydb schema but there are some users who has all
permissions on mydb schema. I have one stored procedure which temporary
grant the ALL permissions on mydb schema and later on revoke it and just
grant USAGE permissions. Here I have problem if users have full permissions
on schema executes the stored procedure. His original schema permissions
will be altered by my stored procedure. I want to prevent this.

Thanks,
Dipti

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2010-03-09 07:15:32