Re: Debugging grayed out even pldebugger is installed in postgres

From: Petr Vodicka <vodicka(dot)petr(at)email(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugging grayed out even pldebugger is installed in postgres
Date: 2009-08-03 12:47:58
Lists: pgadmin-support

2009/8/3 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>:
> Please keep the thread on the mailing list or I will have to stop
> replying. I do not provide private support.
I am really sorry, I didn't want to send private messages.

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Petr Vodicka<vodicka(dot)petr(at)email(dot)cz> wrote:
>
>>> What does the SQL query:
>>>
>>> show shared_preload_libraries;
>>>
>>> return?
>>>
>> Weird, only one empty row. So I tried to load library manually with
>> LOAD '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.so';. After that LOAD returned,
>> so It looks like everything is ok, but still only one empty row returned
>> if I enter show shared_preload_libraries; command.
>>
>> I have local_preload_libraries = 'libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.so' parameter
>> in my postgresql.conf, so I think, that it shoul be loaded after postgresql
>> start. But somethink is probably wrong...
>>

> That should be:
>
> shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.so'

That was the problem. Now "show shared_preload_libraries;" command returns:

shared_preload_libraries
$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.so
(1 row)

and debugging in pgAdminIII is working.

Thank you for your help. I would not be able to make it working without you.

Have a nice day,
Petr