Re: Problem: message type 0xxx arrived from server while idle

From: "Keatis" <yux(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem: message type 0xxx arrived from server while idle
Date: 2005-04-29 16:34:56
Lists: pgsql-general

"Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> wrote:

>> i'm using PostgreSQL 7.4 (though problem applies to 8.0 too) on
>> FreeBSD 5.2.1 with Apache 1.3.31 (DBI 1.43 and DBD-Pg 1.32).
>
> Is the code running under mod_perl? If so, what versions of Perl
> and mod_perl?

Perl 5.8.5
mod_perl 1.29
HTML::Mason 1.28

>> And I have some script, which dynamically outputs web-page content
>> and have get_user function call.
>>
>> If i update that page in browser too fast, then web server seems to hang
>> up.
>
> What do you mean by "update too fast"? What exactly are you doing?

When page is loaded in browser, press F5 and you'll get webpage updated
(resend new request to webserver and get an answer, i think you understand
this).
The problem arises when i press F5 rapidly, 2-3 times in second (so,
generating the same number of requests to apache).
In other words, making some get_user function calls in short period of time,
'cause two sequent calls of the same function in script lead to the same
problem...