Re: Slow query: Select all buildings that have >1 pharmacies and >1 schools within 1000m

From: "Tomas Vondra" <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: "Stefan Keller" <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Tomas Vondra" <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query: Select all buildings that have >1 pharmacies and >1 schools within 1000m
Date: 2012-08-07 13:56:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 7 Srpen 2012, 14:22, Stefan Keller wrote:
> Your proposal lacks the requirement that it's the same building from
> where pharmacies and schools are reachable.
> But I think about.

I don't know the dataset so I've expected the osm_id to identify the
building - then the intersect should work as AND for the conditions.

And I see I've forgot to include the 'is building' condition, so it should
be like this:

SELECT b.osm_id FROM osm_poi AS p, osm_polygon b
WHERE p.tags @> hstore('amenity','pharmacy')
AND b.tags @> hstore('building','yes')
AND ST_DWithin(b.way,p.way,1000)
INTERSECT
SELECT b.osm_id FROM osm_poi AS p, osm_polygon b
WHERE p.tags @> hstore('amenity','school')
AND b.tags @> hstore('building','yes')
AND ST_DWithin(b.way,p.way,1000)

Tomas