Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

From: William Yu <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date: 2005-04-21 05:02:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

The Linux kernel is definitely headed this way. The 2.6 allows for
several different I/O scheduling algorithms. A brief overview about the
different modes:

http://nwc.serverpipeline.com/highend/60400768

Although a much older article from the beta-2.5 days, more indepth info
from one of the programmers who developed the AS scheduler and worked on
the deadline scheduler:

http://kerneltrap.org/node/657

I think I'm going to start testing the deadline scheduler for our data
processing server for a few weeks before trying it on our production
servers.